Saturday, January 3, 2009

I HAVE been writing...

Just not here. It's cool though, this place isn't going anywhere and no one is reading it anyway, so there's no apology necessary.

I just watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back-to-back a little while ago. I've only grown more fond of TDK, but Batman Begins does tend to look a bit cliche here and there. Don't get me wrong, the movie is great and the industry is better for it, but there are a few little things that irk me.

My big sticking point with TDK, however, remains Christian Bale's Bat-Voice. Look, it was fine in Begins. Really. Tolerable, even. But it's so growly in TDK, it reminds me of trying to decipher Eddie Vedder lyrics. I can only hope Bale or Nolan heard the response it caused and fixes it a bit for those other movies.

And if you're one of those people who read that article from the Sun about Eddie Murphy getting cast as the Riddler and actually believed it, kill yourself right now. Stop breathing until you see God. It's a tabloid rag, and if you believe that, you probably believe the stories about a woman giving birth to a dinosaur baby or Nostradamus predicting Obama's election.

Well, it's about time for me to finish up. On a closing note, Stephen King's new short story anthology, Just Before Midnight, has a fantastic story in it called N. It is worth a buy for that alone.

No comments: